Sunday, January 20, 2008

January 20, 2008

Getting Ready to go home to watch the rest of the football game, but just wanted to let you know that from today on I should be posting information on a pretty much daily basis.

Here in Washington State, we have not been suffering the indignities of the down real estate market the way some areas have been. While we have not had much movement upward, neither have we had much movement downward. I would guess it is because of two major factors: the number of people who want to move here and the many job opportunities that continue to be found in the region.

As for waterfront, it is a great time to buy, though there aren't many properties available. For sellers, now is a great time because there isn't much competition among available properties. For buyers, be sure to read my article on my website, www.waveswaterfront.com, about making sure your potential property is buildable - or, in some cases, remodelable. Changes in septic rules and setback rules must be carefully scrutinized. For sellers, if you don't have septic systems and wells already installed on a vacant lot, I'd get with the program. Give me a call if you have questions at 1-800-346-9236.

Tomorrow I will talk about some pretty good buys around the Puget Sound area. Keep tuned.

Barbara

No comments: